Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

As I perused my recipes last night, I rediscovered this dip recipe that I must have made at least four times last summer, to rave reviews and recipe requests. I have resurrected it for the Super Bowl party that we are attending tomorrow evening. This creamy, spicy dip mimics the eating of chicken wings minus the mess. Served up with celery chunks makes it even more like the real thing.

Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
2 chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
8 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (or more if you like it spicy)
3/4 cup blue cheese dressing
1-1 1/2 cups shredded three cheese blend (I used cheddar, Monterey jack, mozzarella)
Place all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high, in one minute increments, until heated through, smooth, and creamy. Place in a crock pot on low to keep warm. Serve with celery cut in one inch pieces. This also goes well with corn chips or tortilla chips.

Go Patriots!

Email Recipe | Print Page

1. avatar j*amy
    Posted 05/19/2008 at 4:09 PM | Permalink

oh my gosh i love buffalo chick wing dip! but i make mine with mild or sharp cheddar, usually use canned chicken, and with ranch instead of blue cheese [my family and friends...we like ranch on everything...not so much bleu cheese!]. i like to start cooking it 1-2 hours before it’s going to be eaten in the crock-pot…the longer it sits the more amazing it becomes! and i try to always remember to bring the celery as well. ugh, it’s amazing and i want some right now.

2. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 05/19/2008 at 6:28 PM | Permalink

Hi j*amy- I have made it with the ranch too and it is yummy. I bring this dip everywhere and especially the guys love it, don’t they? Thanks for stopping by!

3. avatar Sheila
    Posted 12/13/2008 at 7:18 PM | Permalink

This is the absolutely best buffalo chicken dip! We have tried the most highly recommended ones from allrecipes, and this is so much better.

I made it for a church gathering and was told I could be in charge of snacks from then on.

Making it again tonight for the family!

4. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 12/14/2008 at 8:08 AM | Permalink

Sheila- Thanks! I am so glad you all liked it!

5. avatar Anonymous
    Posted 01/04/2009 at 3:37 PM | Permalink

hii i’ve had a hotwing dip before, and im not sure if bc or ranch was used bc i really dislike both, but i loved the dip is it possible to make it without?

6. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 01/04/2009 at 3:51 PM | Permalink

Anon-Yes you can make it without BC or Ranch dressing if you would like to. But either replace it with mayo or sour cream to give it that creaminess it needs.

7. avatar KaitCav
    Posted 01/27/2009 at 2:55 PM | Permalink

Buffalo Chicken Dip is becoming so popular! It even has it’s own website: http://www.BuffaloChickenDip.com. I make it using Swanson Chicken because it is very easy to use canned chicken and Swanson’s is made with only white meat (I work for them so I know). Also, you can substitute blue cheese crumbles for the shredded cheese if you want – it adds a nice bite!

8. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 01/27/2009 at 3:12 PM | Permalink

KaitCav- good ideas, I have even heard of folks using rotisserie chicken too.

9. avatar Eric J. Hoffman
    Posted 01/30/2009 at 12:29 PM | Permalink

Great idea. I have not seen this before. It gives you the flavor without the messy hands!

10. avatar Lori
    Posted 03/02/2009 at 1:47 PM | Permalink

I think blogger is having a problem. I didnt see anything on your home page, just your header and side bar. I will stop back again later.