How to Make Salad Dressing Like Olive Garden’s, or Not!

There are so many copycat recipes out there today, I have to wonder if any of them are from disgruntled employees who have snagged these recipes for revenge. One thing I like, well I guess the only thing I like about Olive Garden is their soup, salad, and bread stick lunch. It is hearty, endless, and very filling. Their soup may have been made in vats from their distributor but it hits the spot. But I must say their salad dressing is tops, probably also made in large vats no where near Italy. This is a delicious dressing and if it was served to me without the “hey this is just like Olive Garden’s!” I would still love it.

Creamy Italian Dressing (sorta like Olive Garden’s)
1 Pkt Good Seasons Italian Dressing made according to package directions
3 T. mayonnaise
2 T. sugar
2 T. good extra virgin olive oil
3 T. Parmesan cheese, grated

Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Serve over your favorite Salad. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

What are some of your favorite copycat recipes? Please comment!

Email Recipe | Print Page

1. avatar Cindy and Co.
    Posted 09/04/2008 at 9:02 AM | Permalink

You kinda have to be from GA to really appreciate this, but the Varsity is an old drive in downtown that just rocks…This is their Chili recipe…it goes on the Chili Cheeseburger too…and OH YUM:

Varsity Hot Dog Chili

1 lb. ground beef
    2 cup water
    3 tbsp chili powder
    2 tsp garlic powder
    1 to 1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper

Bring water to a boil and add ground beef. Reduce heat and simmer for about five minutes until meat is brown. Add chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until water is evaporated. Blend with a hand mixer until meat is chopped fine.

2. avatar Veronica
    Posted 09/04/2008 at 9:37 AM | Permalink

I love the recipe for “Burger King” chicken tenders in Devin Alexander’s cookbook “Fast Food Fix”. They’re not as fatty as the fast food version, but they do manage to capture the same flavors.

3. avatar That Girl
    Posted 09/05/2008 at 12:47 AM | Permalink

I used to work at a restaurant known for their Guacamole. I seriously made it a million times a night. As soon as I started working there I began getting requests from friends and family. Now I’m asked to make it at every part I go to. I have the recipe in my blog.

• avatar Cheri
      Posted 06/10/2012 at 8:38 PM | Permalink

Where can I find your blog?

• avatar Robin Sue
      Posted 06/11/2012 at 11:32 AM | Permalink

you are here!

• avatar wanda ll
      Posted 04/02/2013 at 8:29 PM | Permalink

I’ve looked this site over top to bottom and can’t find the Guacamole stuff anywhere. Can you direct me to it or put short cut here. Thanks so much.
      wanda ll

• avatar Robin Sue
      Posted 04/03/2013 at 5:55 PM | Permalink

Not sure I know what you are looking for. I do not have a guacamole recipe on here.

4. avatar MrOrph
    Posted 09/06/2008 at 8:40 AM | Permalink

I make a pretty good Penne Rustica from the Macaroni Grill. It’s on my site.

This dressing looks delicious, though I don’t like much at OG, I do like the salad and breadsticks.

• avatar kathy
      Posted 09/15/2012 at 5:26 PM | Permalink

hi,
      oh, how i would love to have the recipe for the penne rustica from the olive garden! how do i get to your website?
      thanks!

• avatar kate
      Posted 09/15/2012 at 5:30 PM | Permalink

MrOrph – where is your website?

5. avatar Lisa
    Posted 09/06/2008 at 11:46 AM | Permalink

Oh thank you! I am not a big Olive Garden fan but like you LOVE their dressing and breadsticks.

I love PF Changs lettuce wraps and make them with the copycat recipe. It is all over the internet.

6. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 09/07/2008 at 10:21 PM | Permalink

Cindy and Co- Thanks for the recipe. I love chili on burgers as well. In NC we put chili and coleslaw on our burgers.

Veronica- A fast food cookbook, you can’t get any better than that! Thanks!

ThatGirl- I love a good Guac. I will come on over and get it from your blog! Thanks a lot!

MrOrph- Will have to check out your recipe. I am a sucker for pasta and I do like Mac Grill over OG.

Lisa- I do love PFC lettuce wraps but did not know of a copy cat. Will have to seek this one out for sure. Thanks for letting me in on this one.

7. avatar Kristen
    Posted 09/07/2008 at 11:39 PM | Permalink

I adore the Sonic strawberry cheesecake shake copycat recipe. To die for!

8. avatar Anonymous
    Posted 09/24/2008 at 12:18 PM | Permalink

I made this using balsamic vinegar, so it was a lot darker than the one you have pictured. I used it to top a salad of bibb lettuce, sharp white cheddar cheese, and shaved apples. Heavenly! Danielle

9. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 09/24/2008 at 2:27 PM | Permalink

Danielle- Glad you liked it. Tonya told be about you making it but I am glad you commented to give the particulars! I love apples with Sharp cheddar! And nothing beats a good balsamic dressing!

10. avatar Anonymous
    Posted 10/21/2008 at 12:50 AM | Permalink

Soup is hearty–not hardy

11. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 10/21/2008 at 7:20 AM | Permalink

Anon- Thanks!

12. avatar Anonymous
    Posted 10/24/2008 at 1:34 PM | Permalink

that starwberry cheescake shake sounds so delicious!!!:)

13. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 10/24/2008 at 2:23 PM | Permalink

Anon- doesn’t it though, will have to hunt down that recipe!

14. avatar Anonymous
    Posted 10/28/2011 at 4:06 PM | Permalink

Robin – Was skeptical..tried it..LOVED it!! I rarely buy store-bought dressings and have tried to duplicate OG dressing to no avail..wow..I am impressed!! Thank you. I did use white wine vinegar for my base vinegar.

15. avatar Yvonda Hawkins
    Posted 04/18/2012 at 6:34 PM | Permalink

Love recipes, keep me cooking!

16. Posted 09/09/2012 at 8:36 PM | Permalink

does anyone have a copycat recipe for carrabas minestone soup as well as their sicllian chicken sou[p. Have tried some that are on the internet buy they are in no way like theirs. thanks