I’ve Adopted Again!

But this time it wasn’t a cute little girl from South Korea named Daelyn Rae. This time it’s a Food Blogger! That’s right, I am participating in the Adopt a Blogger event created by Kristen at Dine & Dish. Let me tell you the foodie she hooked me up with has a tremendously lovely site going on. Alexa and I have already emailed back and forth and I can see that this is going to be a great thing Kristen invented. The idea of this event is to match newbie bloggers with more seasoned bloggers, a type of mentorship program for bloggers. For three months I will be mentoring Alexa with any help she needs on her blog. I don’t think she requires much! I also think I may learn more from my adoptee!

Artsy-Foodie is a beautiful site created by Alexa. Click on over there, I’ll wait. See? Didn’t I tell you it looked great. She drew her header which I thought was very pretty. Her art work is dispersed throughout her posts and her photos seem to come to life. You may also be interested to know that her recipes are Wheat Free.

And would you look at that. That my friend is one of Alexa’s recipes. Izmir Kofte Meatballs. I needed to get to know my new adoptee and what better way then by looking at her blog. I stopped dead in my tracks when I came across these meatballs.

I had just returned from Trader Joe’s with some ground beef that I had no idea what to do with. Ever get into those kind of ruts? Low and behold there was the recipe I needed. The bonus; it called for cinnamon. I enjoy cinnamon in places where I least expect it.

Alexa stated that each time she presents this dish to guests, they all request the recipe. I knew that meant it was a keeper. Another bonus is that the meatballs looked quick and simple to get from the stove to the table. While simmered in a sweet oniony tomato sauce, these meatballs were tender and tasty. I served this dish over a bed of rice along side a green salad and fresh fruit.

Now you know where to go to get this great recipe. Head on over to Alexa’s Artsy-Foodie, you’re in for a pleasant treat.

Update!- Welcome The Foodie BlogRoll. Thanks for clicking on my blog from Today 5 Random Blogs. I am happy you are here. See the Nav Bar up top? It will take you all over my blog and there are some neat places to visit. If you are bored and need a little lift click on Cooking Salon. If you need a recipe check out my Recipe Box. Sit a spell and if you like what you see, subscribe to this blog. Thanks for visiting!

Only 103 days left until Christmas! Shop here for some great gift ideas!

Have you subscribed to Big Red Kitchen? Great recipes in here!

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Add to Pageflakes

Email Recipe | Print Page

1. avatar Rindy R
    Posted 09/12/2008 at 8:42 AM | Permalink

Great minds think alike! I bookmarked that blog yesterday for that very recipe. Looks amazing! Artsy-Foodie is lucky to have you as a new “Mommy”! Congrats!

2. avatar Grace
    Posted 09/12/2008 at 9:49 AM | Permalink

i, too, enjoy cinnamon in unexpected places. and in expected places. :) great recipe from another great blog. and i can’t believe you’re already counting down to christmas! :)

3. avatar Kristen
    Posted 09/12/2008 at 1:50 PM | Permalink

She has an amazing blog, just like yours!
    Those meatballs look awesome. I bet the cinnamon adds a whole new dimension!

4. avatar Tanya
    Posted 09/12/2008 at 4:03 PM | Permalink

You are simply evil for pointing out how many days are left until Christmas! :) I can’t even think about Christmas right now.

Artsy-Foodie is a lucky to be adopted by you. I’m sure you’ll be a great mentor.

5. avatar That Girl
    Posted 09/13/2008 at 1:40 AM | Permalink

Those meatballs look fantastic!

6. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 09/13/2008 at 8:30 AM | Permalink

Rindy- Do try this recipe it is really a keeper!

Grace- That’s right you do love cinnamon. So this is perfect for you then!

Kristen- Thanks for this fun project!

Tanya- Someone has to do it! Last year it wasn’t until 10 days before Christmas that I realized I had so little time left. I am ready this year, I say that every year!!

ThatGirl- They are great!

7. avatar RecipeGirl
    Posted 09/13/2008 at 10:47 AM | Permalink

Wow, your adoptee looks like she doesn’t need any guidance… the blog looks fabulous with wonderful photography! It was nice of you to adopt her though :)

8. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 09/13/2008 at 11:01 AM | Permalink

RecipeGirl- I agree! She has a great site and maybe I can get a few photogaphy tips from her!

9. avatar The P & A Food Chronicles
    Posted 09/13/2008 at 2:18 PM | Permalink

that is super cool, i never got addopted… poor me…
    but on another note, i love your blog ist so cute!!

10. avatar Katie
    Posted 09/13/2008 at 10:51 PM | Permalink

Oh, I love Alexa’s blog! She is so talented and friendly.

The Adopt a Blogger event sounds like fun.

11. avatar Cindy and Co.
    Posted 09/14/2008 at 11:24 AM | Permalink

Those Meatballs look divine. Except that I lost my appetite when I hit the Christmas countdown.thanks from the mother of four. Who has not even started yet. I am so in trouble. Do you have a comfort food section??? I’m off to look.

12. avatar Alexa
    Posted 09/14/2008 at 11:58 AM | Permalink

Robin Sue,
    You are so nice. I am so glad the meatballs turned out well and that you enjoyed them. I feel so lucky to have you as my “blog mommy”. Your advice is being put to good use and I appreciate it so much. Your blog is beautiful and a great source of inspiration. I have a lot to learn from you. Thank you!

13. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 09/14/2008 at 1:54 PM | Permalink

The P&A Delicious Chronicles- Thanks for stopping by. You can join the next adopt event! Or is you have any questions you can ask anytime.

Katie- Alexa's blog is great and I feel the same way, she is very friendly which all can see by way the she answers all comments with such grace and gratitude.

Cindy and Co.- I always say I am going to start early and never do!!

Alexa- I think I have to learn a few things from you too, like art lessons!!