How To Make Your Own Harvest Cup Halloween Treats

What is a Harvest Cup you ask? A nifty and unique Halloween-time treat. The bottom of the cup contains candy or trail mix with two gummy worms popping out then topped with a layer of melted chocolate- white, milk, or dark and some candy pumpkins followed by a sprinkle of “dirt.” I have made these in my son’s class when they had a Harvest Fest a few years back and the kids went bongo for them. The children made these in assembly line fashion and really enjoyed their creations. Harvest Cups are an adorable and very messy, fun treat to eat and the kids always get a kick out of them. As soon as my kids saw these, they immediately wanted one. I will be donating Harvest Cups for the Harvest Bake Sale at school next week. Get in line!

Here is what you will need to make your own Harvest Cups:

Gummy Worms- 2 per cup
Trail Mix- I used Trader Joe’s Organic Trek Mix- 1/2 C. per cup
Candy Corn- 1/2 C. per cup
Candy Melts- white and milk chocolate- I used about 15 disks per cup
1 sleeve Oreo Cookies-processed fine- 2 T. per cup
Pumpkin Candies- 3 per cup
9 ounce clear plastic cups

Place 2 gummy worms in each cup and fill with 1/2 cup Candy Corm or Trail Mix, assuring that the gummy worms poke out.

Melt each type of chocolate, separately, according to package directions. Spread about 2 tablespoons of chocolate over each candy cup all the way to the edge sealing in the gummy worms.

Place 3 candy pumpkins on top of melted chocolate.

Top the melted chocolate with 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs. Using your fingers press cookie crumbs into chocolate and brush any extra crumbs off the pumpkins. All the crumbs will not stick but that is okay.

Let the chocolate set. Wrap each Harvest Cup in a cellophane bag and tie with raffia. To eat, loosen chocolate from the edge of the cup using a paring knife. Turn cup over gently on to a plate. Using a paring knife cut the chocolate disks in to fourths and the worms in half then enjoy the coated chocolate and loose treats. Each cup serves 4.

Let your imagination and creative juices go crazy with these!

BOO!

Never miss a post, subscribe to Big Red Kitchen now!

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Add to Pageflakes

Email Recipe | Print Page

1. avatar Alexa
    Posted 10/16/2008 at 4:32 PM | Permalink

Gorgeous pictures Robin Sue! A fun project for a fun month. Thanks for the wonderful idea.

2. avatar Tanya
    Posted 10/16/2008 at 6:45 PM | Permalink

What a fun idea! I love it. :)

3. avatar Megan
    Posted 10/16/2008 at 6:49 PM | Permalink

what a fun idea! those are all of my favorite holiday treats-i think i could have a lot of fun with this :)

4. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 10/16/2008 at 7:39 PM | Permalink

Alexa- Thanks so much for the compliment about my pictures. I dread it as winter gets closer, will have to get a light like yours soon!

Tanya- Thanks for loving it!

Megan- This is really fun to make and let your imagination go wild! Love your blog and I listened to your music for the longest time. Great Playlist!!

5. avatar Nicole
    Posted 10/16/2008 at 7:53 PM | Permalink

Cool! These are so fun! We’ll have to get some friends over and make them.

6. avatar Kevin
    Posted 10/16/2008 at 9:25 PM | Permalink

Nice Halloween treats!

7. avatar That Girl
    Posted 10/16/2008 at 11:19 PM | Permalink

These are like the dirt cups I made for my coworkers last year -but without the pudding and coolwhip ;-)

8. avatar Beth
    Posted 10/16/2008 at 11:54 PM | Permalink

Mmmmmmm candy corn. This makes me wish I had a kid or two around to make these for. I guess I’ll have to borrow someones. Or maybe the husband will like them. Great idea.

9. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 10/17/2008 at 7:08 AM | Permalink

Nicole-These ae fun to make for a crowd!

Kevin- Thanks!

ThatGirl- They are just like dirt cups or more like pebble cups!

Beth- Eh you can borrow some kids!

10. avatar Grace
    Posted 10/17/2008 at 11:22 AM | Permalink

these are fun to make and fun to eat, i’m sure! i’m obsessed with candy corn and eat ridiculous amounts of it year-round. ridiculous amounts, i tell you. :)

11. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 10/17/2008 at 8:11 PM | Permalink

Grace- Yup there is something about candy corn I love. Do you pop them in your mouth or eat one color at a time starting with the white tip?

12. avatar Rob
    Posted 10/17/2008 at 11:14 PM | Permalink

I had candy corn Hershey’s Kisses yesterday– at first I thought, “Oh, this can’t be good…” next thing I know, I’ve got a fist-full of them… :)

Fun treat, sister!

13. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 10/19/2008 at 2:21 PM | Permalink

Rob- Thanks! The Kisses were really good? Hmm will have to give them a try. I saw the pumpkin cream Hershey Kisses too…