I must say I am a bit behind in the Award Department. It seems once the school year started I have been running in all directions. So I am pulling these awards out of the closet that I was selfishly keeping to myself and now I am going public with my fellow blogger’s generosity.
The Brilliante WebBlog Award comes to me from Alexa at Artsy-Foodie and Mari at Once Upon a plate. I have had the privilege of adopting Alexa in the last round of Adopt-A-Blogger and I have enjoyed getting to know her through our emails. Her blog is wonderful and I am learning so much about gluten free cooking. I had no idea! I am wowed at each of her recipes in the way she can take a regular recipe and convert it into a gluten-free masterpiece. Go to her blog for her great recipes and beautiful photography, then once you fall in love with that, click through every post to see her adorable and clever drawings of herself and family. What a talent!
Mari at Once Upon a Plate runs a beautiful blog with the most creative photography. She can make food come to life. When I first found her I thought it was right out of a magazine it is so pretty. She has Postcards which are lovely pictures of her many gardens and other beautiful and thoughtful scenes from her surroundings. The Fairy Gardens are so whimsical! Mari is a blogging machine, she can put out 30 to 70 posts in a month. Wow! Go see her.
Thanks Alexa and Mari!
This next award is from Veronica at Supermarket Serenade. I love her delicious recipes and you should see the great looking Ham and Cheese Spirals which are a must for all of your Holiday gatherings. Go see! She also has a fun post she does every Friday about great supermarket finds. I have been introduced to some great products due to Veronica. I like treasure hunts! She sent me this Kreativ Blogger Award plus a Meme. So here it goes!
7 Things I did Before- (before what?)
1. I got potty trained, or is that going back too far?
2. I threw javelin in high school and college.
3. I participated in a Match Up (like Match.com) service in high school for a fundraiser. The stupid program matched me with my brother.
4. I was an RN in the MICU at Deborah Heart and Lung Center.
5. I taught Clinical Nursing at a small college in NC.
6. Lived in Germany for 3 years and loved every minute of it!
7. I was a home health nurse for some people that were suspiciously Mafia. Scared the crud out of me when the six year old pulled out a Glock. I think I had to change my panties. There went #1.
7 Things I do Now
1. Teach Botany.
3. Bible Study.
5. Drive, drive, drive.
7. Suck my thumb while in the fetal position, rocking and drooling, repeating, “Children are a blessing, children are a blessing.”
7 Things I would Like To Do- dreams are free right?
1. Drive a cop car during a high speed chase.
2. Stand on the back of a HMMWV firing a 50 cal machine gun on full auto while doing 60 mph. Is that possible?
3. Throw the first pitch in a World Series, Red Sox v. Yankees.
4. See my great grand children.
5. Invent something.
6. Live on the beach.
7. Have a President of the US dine in the Big Red Kitchen!
7 Things That Attract Me to The Opposite Sex- Himself of course!
1. When I first met him, it was the Corvette, good looks, and uniform.
3. A bulging wallet. Snort.
5. Level headed. Because I am a spaz.
6. Faith in God.
7 Foods I Love
1. Beef Wellington.
2. Red River Salmon.
4. Cheese Fondue
7 Things I say most Often
1. Don’t toot near me, I don’t want that in my nose. 10 times per day.
2. Who tooted? 20 times per day.
3. I smell tootage. 20 times per day.
4. Stop fighting. 30 times per day.
5. Stop hitting. 40 times day.
6. That’s it, no ice cream tonight. 50 times per day.
7. I love you. Infinitely but still never enough.
7 Favorite Recipes- I added this category to make an even 7!
1. Easy Mac and Cheese
2. Gourmet Club Pork Tenderloin
3. Jalapeno Popper Dip
4. Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip
5. Chili Mack (Mack for my nephew!)
6. Dulce de Leche Pie
7. Come back tomorrow for the best Mashed Potatoes you’ve ever et!
I am passing the whole kaboodle to:
Alice and the Mock Turtle
Schweet ‘n Savory
The Raven’s Looking Glass
The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Joie de Vivre an Amateur Gourmet’s Guide
My Yummy Life
Food Loves Writing
Play if you want!
Tomorrow in BRK: Not only the best Mashed Potatoes Ever but A Constant Source of Entertainment too. It’s a good one!