Mamma Mia! Greek Supper Club

This really should be titled “How to Prep for a Dinner Party in Less Than 4 Hours.” But “Mamma Mia” “When All Is Said And Done” “The Winner Takes It All,” I got it all done in the nick of time. This Supper Club theme was Mamma Mia! We donned ABBA style outfits (blue and green eye shadow) and enjoyed Greek fare, all recipes supplied by fellow food blogger Peter Minakis. Every single dish was excellent.

Here we are in the BRK enjoying the appetizers- Baked Feta- which we could not leave alone and Shrimp with Capers and Dill. The sauce on the shrimp was perfect for dipping the endless bowl of bread. We also sipped Fruity Party Drink by Metaxa.

Can you figure out which guy dressed like Sam, Bill, or Harry?

After enjoying the Baked Feta prepared by Rindy and the Shrimp by Sabrina, we moved on to a feast of Pastitsio put together by me and Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad brought by Laurie, both exquisite dishes.

Following this delectable dinner we savored Kataifi a Baklava type dessert. The combination of walnuts, pistachio, and almonds swimming in a lemon and cinnamon enhanced honey syrup topped off our night. Of course we had to have a shot of Ouzo together as well.

Thanks to all of my quests, Himself, and Peter for making this such a great time. Oh and thank goodness for ABBA- they rock!

Check out Peter’s website, Kalofagas for more delicious Greek recipes. Also, go on over and see what Rindy and Sabrina had to say about the night.

Other Supper Club Menus:
Gourmet Club Pork Tenderloin
Supper Club: Western Style
Supper Club: Irish Theme

Tomorrow in BRK:
Why my Kataifi looks different from Peter’s.

Email Recipe | Print Page

1. avatar Lisa
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 10:42 AM | Permalink

Funny I ate at a Greek restaurant last night so I came home and happened to be surfing for Greek recipoes. Love the outfits and I always love reading about your dinner clubs!

2. avatar pigpigscorner
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 10:49 AM | Permalink

That sounds so fun! I love dressing up events.

3. avatar Maria
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 10:59 AM | Permalink

What a fun dinner party! Everything looks fabulous!

4. avatar TKTC
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 11:02 AM | Permalink

Greek is hands down my favorite culture to cook in. Lots of veggies but not afraid of cheese, honey and phyllo. This party sounds like a complete blast!

5. avatar That Girl
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 11:23 AM | Permalink

I love Greek food so I wouldn’t turn down an invite, but I don’t think I could find anything in my closet to wear!

6. avatar Peter M
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 11:28 AM | Permalink

Robin-Sue Rindy and the other ladies…congrats on pulling off a fun evening that just so happened to have some pretty good Greek food.

All the dishes look fab and I tip my fat to you all. Thanks again for your kind words.

7. avatar noble pig
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 11:45 AM | Permalink

You guys look totally awesome! What a night with some incredible food! I’m so jealous, I can’t wait to start a new supper club in Oregon!

8. avatar Dawn
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 11:48 AM | Permalink

Peter’s the man isn’t he for fabulous greek food. And don’t you look like a little cutie!

9. avatar Elyse
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 11:57 AM | Permalink

Way to prepare for the dinner party in no time :) I’m so impressed! And it looks like an awesome dinner party, for sure. I love Greek food, so seeing all these dishes is totally taunting me! Everything looks fantastic.

10. avatar biz319
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 12:31 PM | Permalink

What a fun night! I am definitely going to have to try the baked feta – yum!

11. avatar Sabrina
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 3:11 PM | Permalink

oh the fun we had. Thank you Robin for coming up with such a fun theme and delicious food.

12. avatar Sheila
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 4:32 PM | Permalink

The food looks great but it also looks like the guests had a great time just having fun. I have heard this was a great movie, haven’t seen it yet though. I love movie menu themes!

13. avatar Joan Nova
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 6:02 PM | Permalink

Good looking food, fun looking group. Looks like you did Peter proud!

14. avatar Linda
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 8:53 PM | Permalink

What great fun! We saw Mamma Mia in NY a couple of years ago and you guys all look as fab as the cast! LOL

15. avatar Melissa
    Posted 05/18/2009 at 9:41 PM | Permalink

That sounds like fun! :)

16. avatar Grace
    Posted 05/19/2009 at 7:52 AM | Permalink

i love the fro and all the food, but i adore that kataifi. drool, drool, and more drool.

17. avatar Karen
    Posted 05/19/2009 at 10:53 AM | Permalink

Looks like you had some delicious food and a great time! Fun, fun!