Fast Food: Mini Frozen Grape Kebabs

It’s that time of year to load the freezer up with Frozen Red Grapes. Our last day of school is this Friday and I am already in a panic as to how to feed three children 53 times per day, all healthy items, with a few cheats. Frozen Red Grapes do solve this dilemma. But when my friend showed me these Mini Frozen Grape Kebabs that were served to her and her family while sunning themselves by the pool in Miami, I thought to myself, “Wow, that is brilliant!” My children love food-on-a-stick and I love dainty, little treats myself. These are easy to make, all you need is grapes and toothpicks. Easy to eat as well since they are so much like icy popsicles or ice lollies.

Mini Frozen Grape Kebabs
red grapes
regular toothpicks

Wash grapes and thread three onto each toothpick. Make as many as you like. Freeze on a tray for at least 4 hours or overnight. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.

CrossFit approved. Paleo approved.

Email Recipe | Print Page

1. avatar 12th Man Training Table
    Posted 06/15/2010 at 7:30 AM | Permalink

I'm madly in love with my freezer right now. We've been trying to make double portions, freeze half, and then we have quick middle-of-the-week dinners without lots of pots and pans. Plus, there's ice in there, one of the ingredients for a margarita. Throw in frozen grapes, and the freezer has now officially earned its keep.

2. avatar Alison
    Posted 06/15/2010 at 10:30 AM | Permalink

Aw, my grandpa keeps a bowl of grapes in his freezer because he loves snacking on them. We used to eat them a lot as kids, but they were never on sticks! Great idea!

3. avatar oneordinaryday
    Posted 06/15/2010 at 4:04 PM | Permalink

Frozen grapes are always such a treat when my husband's students are at camp every August. It's boiling hot out and they're a tasty way to cool off.

4. avatar FOODalogue
    Posted 06/15/2010 at 4:46 PM | Permalink

I've heard about this before and once put a bag of grapes in the freezer for future treats. But it wasn't much of a treat as I recall. Perhaps it's putting it on the stick that makes it a little more special. At any rate, it's a lot more healthy than eating full-fat ice cream!

5. avatar grace
    Posted 06/15/2010 at 5:45 PM | Permalink

i STILL have yet to try frozen grapes! piercing them with a skewer makes them even more fun–great post, robin sue!

6. avatar BONNIE K
    Posted 06/15/2010 at 11:48 PM | Permalink

I LOVE frozen grapes and had completely forgotten about them until I read this post! Gotta go stick some in the freezer!

7. avatar pigpigscorner
    Posted 06/16/2010 at 4:52 PM | Permalink

What a great idea!

8. avatar biz319
    Posted 06/16/2010 at 5:25 PM | Permalink

I think you could put most anything on a stick and kids would eat it!

I have red grapes at home too – guess they will go in the freezer tonight!!

9. avatar Mimi
    Posted 06/16/2010 at 7:05 PM | Permalink

My kids love frozen grapes.
    Mimi

10. avatar Ingrid
    Posted 06/17/2010 at 11:28 AM | Permalink

Never had frozen grapes but I'm thinking they'd be a great treat for my guys!

Btw, thanks for the sweet comment!
    ~ingrid

11. avatar gfe--gluten free easily
    Posted 06/17/2010 at 5:54 PM | Permalink

Long time, no visit. LOL on 53 times per day, but yep, that's about right! Even I love frozen grapes, so frozen grape kebabs will be a definite hit with all! :-)

Shirley

12. avatar Maytina
    Posted 06/17/2010 at 10:07 PM | Permalink

Love it! What a cute idea!

13. avatar Karen
    Posted 06/18/2010 at 4:05 PM | Permalink

I'd always read about how good frozen grapes were, but had never tried them. Well, I froze some a few weeks ago and they are wonderful! perfect for summer.

14. avatar Stephanie
    Posted 06/22/2010 at 4:20 PM | Permalink

Love frozen grapes, but I've never tried them this way. Thanks for the idea!

15. avatar Avanika [YumsiliciousBakes]
    Posted 06/22/2010 at 5:25 PM | Permalink

I've never tried frozen grapes before. Seems to be time I do!

16. avatar Jeanne
    Posted 06/26/2010 at 12:54 PM | Permalink

Love these! We featured them on our Fun Food Saturday: Food on a Stick edition. http://bit.ly/avwpdy
    Cheers!
    Jeanne @JollyTomato

17. avatar Anonymous
    Posted 07/22/2010 at 3:51 PM | Permalink

I just got "champagne" grapes for the first time, itty bitty bits of sweet deliciousness. My daughter was eating them frozen. I'll have to try that, although I don't know how they could be better than they are to begin with. I'll need to get some regular sized grapes to try freezing.

One Trackback

1. [...] Mini Frozen Grape Kabobs If you haven’t tried frozen grapes before, you’re missing out. These yummy little desserts are perfect on a hot day – and guiltless. Image curtsey of Big Red Kitchen [...]