Life at BRK

I am still trying for figure out life here at BRK. I am now teaching three Science classes and Girl’s PE, one science class more than last year. Let me tell you this HS Biology is fantastic but it is kicking me in the gluteus maximus. Last week I issued an essay examination to the Bio students, 10 essays of varying lengths. Do you know how long it takes to grade essay tests? What was I thinking? Hence the lack of posts here this week.

I will not use the word busy, I have been productive. See those cute little cupcakes up there, they are for a Bake Sale at school today and I will come back here next week with photos and recipes of all that I made. OK? Maybe that will make up for my absence.

But it has not been all work. Himself and I attended the German Reunification Celebration at the German Embassy in D.C. last week and here are a few photos of our fun.

Himself and I.

My friend Maggie and I. No we did not plan to both wear grey.

A cute little car I found. And want.

We were tempted to go wading but Maggie’s husband is the head of security at the Embassy. Although, I wonder if he would have arrested us?

Himself and I in the Biergarten.

Have a fantastic WEEKEND! See you back here next week for more details on the Bake Sale Goodies.

Email Recipe | Print Page

1. avatar slip4
    Posted 10/08/2010 at 7:09 AM | Permalink

You look fabulous in that dress and those boots! Any chance you'd share some info on them? Looking forward to the cute acorn cupcakes recipe…

2. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 10/08/2010 at 7:51 AM | Permalink

slip4- Boots are from Nordstrom's. Dress, drum roll please-Target. Or to be fancy- Tarshay.

3. avatar High Plains Drifters
    Posted 10/08/2010 at 9:13 AM | Permalink

Used to teach six periods of high school math, four different preps, with an average class size of 42. And they wonder why 50% of all teachers quit in the first five years. Our school's math department has had an 80% turnover rate for six consecutive years. Taking this year off … trying to decide whether to give it another shot … but my hat's off to those of you who stick it out.

4. avatar pigpigscorner
    Posted 10/08/2010 at 9:13 AM | Permalink

You look fab!

5. avatar Fallon
    Posted 10/08/2010 at 11:46 AM | Permalink

You look amazing!!

6. avatar Sabrina
    Posted 10/08/2010 at 3:17 PM | Permalink

You look amazing. Glad you had a fun and productive week. Can't wait to see all the back sale goodies.

7. avatar oneordinaryday
    Posted 10/08/2010 at 4:19 PM | Permalink

You have been productive, you busy lady. The acorn cupcakes are cute. Looking forward to seeing what else you made for the bake sale.

8. avatar FOODalogue
    Posted 10/08/2010 at 5:27 PM | Permalink

You look gorgeous!

9. avatar Anita
    Posted 10/08/2010 at 9:17 PM | Permalink

Cute cupcakes, but more impressed with the reception at the embassy! Very cool! My son lives in Germany, my granddaughter is due in December and I'm trying to commit to learning German. :}

10. avatar Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer
    Posted 10/08/2010 at 11:11 PM | Permalink

Very cute pics (and car), love the acorn cupcakes…great harvest party idea for school.

11. avatar schlachtplatte
    Posted 10/09/2010 at 12:41 PM | Permalink

What's your connection with Germany? nosy, i know). Looks like you have had fun at the reunification party. Wonder if they also provided meals from the former East or was it only bavarian sausages?

12. avatar Biz
    Posted 10/11/2010 at 10:20 PM | Permalink

You look absolutely stunning! I can really see how much smaller your body got from the beginning of the summer!

Glad you had a nice time out with the hubs! :D

13. avatar Ingrid
    Posted 10/14/2010 at 12:35 PM | Permalink

You go girl! You look gorgeous, Robin Sue!
    ~ingrid