I Have Tables and Chairs for Market!

Everyday, little by little I work on getting ready for Market, from things like building the website to figuring out on what type of plates I will serve the food for my Distinguished Guests. Then there is how to collect pay, registration forms, waivers, and how on earth am I going to get everything in and out of my van. You can already see that there are two parts of this Market gig, administrative items and logistics, that is, how is Robin Sue going to load, unload, set up, and break down hundreds of pounds of equipment.

The boys helped me unload the van after purchasing the table and chairs and you see that Dryden is struggling with the 25 pound tables. I can “Farmer’s Walk” 25 pounds in each hand, so these should not be a problem for me. But there are four tables, which means two trips. I will be looking into a dolly.

Every little detail of the Salon comes down to weight and if I can handle it or not. I am 5 feet tall and weigh _ _ _ pounds, barely. So I was very pleased to find these very comfortable folding chairs are only 11 pounds each. I can easily hold two in each hand but need to figure out a way to bind them together and grasp the binding since my grasp is small. These chairs will leave terrific patterns on the back of my guests’ legs once shorts weather is upon us. Giggle.

I was happy the tables have handles and fold up in a manageable size.

The other significant feature of the tables is that the height is adjustable. They can be set at children’s height, table height, and counter height.

See how it matches the height of my counter tops in Big Red Kitchen? This means I will not kill my back as I teach. But lets see if this “plastic” table can handle a hot appliance. I am thinking not and I will be melting my oven right down into that table. Permanently. I will have to look into some kind of heat reflecting material to prevent this- a piece of wood maybe? I LOVE EXPERIMENTS!

This week I need to put aside some time and narrow down the exact appliances I will purchase. Here is what I am looking at right now…

1. The Breville Smart Grill and Griddle.
2. The Breville Smart Oven.
3. An electric skillet v. portable burner. An Electric Skillet is one piece as well as a portable burner but with using the burner I will have to carry extra pots BUT would have flexibility in pot size. Hmmmm?

Email Recipe | Print Page

1. avatar Alison
    Posted 01/18/2011 at 7:06 AM | Permalink

That is super duper exciting! If you need help setting up or breaking down, I will be more than happy to help (as long as I don't have to teach at the gym.) Seriously!

2. avatar Sabrina
    Posted 01/18/2011 at 10:34 AM | Permalink

Oh my goodness, I would drown in the details. You amaze me how you think of everything. It is exciting to watch it come together.

3. avatar Big Dude
    Posted 01/18/2011 at 11:05 AM | Permalink

It's going to be fun following you thru this adventure.

4. avatar oneordinaryday
    Posted 01/18/2011 at 1:59 PM | Permalink

Is it not snowing there?? Crazy girl, when did you take these pics?

5. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 01/18/2011 at 5:02 PM | Permalink

oneordinaryday- Michelle we took the pic on Sun when it got up to a balmy 40 degrees! We did work up a sweat!

6. avatar highplainsdrifters
    Posted 01/19/2011 at 10:26 AM | Permalink

thinking of planning a trip to VA this summer …

7. avatar Natalie
    Posted 01/19/2011 at 11:22 AM | Permalink

so exciting! keep the updates coming!!

8. avatar Mimi
    Posted 01/19/2011 at 3:54 PM | Permalink

Success is in the details.
    Mimi

9. avatar Coconut
    Posted 01/19/2011 at 4:15 PM | Permalink

Hooray! It's really coming together.

I, too, was wondering about those pictures, especially as all I can–happily–see from my window is a snowy winter wonderland.

(Winter, and fall, are my favorite times of the year, so I'm thrilled when it snows.)

Congrats on these latest steps in your journey.

10. avatar Coconut
    Posted 01/19/2011 at 4:19 PM | Permalink

P.S. That Breville Smart Oven would be perfect for my teeny kitchen, if only it also worked as a microwave…

Hmm, need to do some research.

Thanks, Robin Sue.

11. avatar Biz
    Posted 01/20/2011 at 9:37 AM | Permalink

I am getting so excited for you! I wish I lived closer so I could help!

My first thought was that a big square cutting board or piece of wood should be able to withstand the heat of appliances – curious to see if it will work out!

Have a great day! :D

12. avatar Natasha @ Saved by the Egg Timer
    Posted 01/20/2011 at 1:29 PM | Permalink

Good helpers and cute chairs! LOVE Breville, I vote yes to their great appliances! I am so excited for you. Thanks for the encouragment and nice comments too! You may just twist my arm ;)

13. avatar Anonymous
    Posted 01/22/2011 at 6:04 PM | Permalink

Girl, your arms are buff! Way to go Cross Fit!
    ~Sharon