Gulp. Big Red Kitchen Cooking Salon goes live at Lake Anne’s Market in 45 days! I am in overdrive as I speak daily with dinnerware and flatware vendors, scheduling and account management companies, Paypal, the Market Coordinator, marketing reps, attorneys, and Health Department. Some days I work 12 hours! The biggest obstacle is getting the website up and running. I must explain the Salons, allow my Distinguished Guests to register and pay for their Salon, and answer whatever questions folks may have.
I am hoping that one of the restaurants near the market will allow me to rent their dishes for the day, but if not I have been testing various products and found this beautiful dinnerware created by Verterra. The plates and bowls are made from special leaves that have been shaped with steam. I am seeking a product that is compostable, attractive, and has that Salon feel. The flatware? Well I am still waiting for the second vendor to send me some samples. The first samples were very rough and I felt my Distinguished Guests did not deserve splinters in their lips and tongue. I’ll continue to keep you posted with how things are going.
Busy me means I have been coping with these easy meals.
1. Roast Beef served as opened face hot sandwiches with gravy, fruit.
2. Roasted chicken, homemade potato wedges, salad.
3. Fajitas using leftover beef and chicken, fresh fruit.
4. Breakfast for dinner.
5. One Pan Pasta Carbonara with shrimp and asparagus, salad.
6. Pork Tenderloin, Thin-thin potatoes, unsweetened applesauce, salad.
7. Crockpot Chicken Curry, rice, fruit, salad. Delicious- thanks Michelle!
What do you cook when you are very busy?
PS- Do you like my Big Red Market Bags?