Baked Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

I had no idea how popular my Cinnamon Roll Pancakes would become since posting them in June 2010! All the cool kids are making them now. Have you made them yet? Well I’m not sure that you should now that I have made them even more simple to churn out. I mean they are delicious, filling, beautiful, and very fun to make.

But one could stand there all morning turning out pancake after pancake until you grow weak in the knees. Here I am in the Market making dozens of these pancakes during my Cooking Salon Open House last summer for some very satisfied Distinguished Guests. I got to thinking about these pancakes and wondered if I could improve on the process so that I could make them Christmas Morning, or for a brunch, or my little girl’s December 24th Birthday Breakfast, and still enjoy my family and guests, AND sit down with them to eat. Yeah that’s the drag about pancakes- everyone eats but the cook, or at least until the very end when the family is all finished, or the pancakes are gone, or worse…cold. Then I remembered my Pancake Squares and solved all of our pancake making problems and sore knees.

By pouring the batter in a big jellyroll pan, swirling with the yummy cinnamon filling, and baking up into a light and fluffy pan of a pancake glory, I can now sit and eat with the family. But wait, then there’s the Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle. I hear applause, oohs and ahs. I bow, blow kisses, and bow again. They love me. Or is it the pancakes they love? I don’t care, they are happy.

THE END.

Baked Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
1 1/2 cups milk
4 T. melted butter
2 large eggs
2 T. sugar
2 cups flour
4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease an 11×17 inch jellyroll pan. In a large mixing bowl, beat together milk, butter and egg. Add sugar, then gradually beat the flour in. Carefully stir in the baking powder and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan. Squeeze out swirls of Cinnamon Roll Filling over pancake batter- 4 swirls across, 3 down, for 12 pancakes. I used wooden skewers laid across the pan as a guide. You can vary the size if you like. Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-9 minutes until center is set and does not give when pressed with your finger. Remove from oven and drizzle with Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle. Serve immediately. Makes 12 large pancakes.

Cinnamon Roll Filling
4 T. melted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 T. cinnamon

In a small bowl mix filling ingredients together until blended well. Place in a pastry bag or plastic ziptop bag and snip corner to swirl over pancake batter.

Maple Cream Cheese Drizzle
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
2 T. good maple syrup
milk

Mix the first three ingredients in a bowl until smooth, dripping in small amounts of milk until mixture is a drizzling consistency. I like to place mine in a pastry bag and drizzle that way.

Freezer Note- These can be sliced, placed on a cookie sheet and frozen. Once frozen, place in a freezer ziptop bag and freeze for individual treats, brunch guests, or lunchboxes. Reheat in microwave.

The Second Photo is courtesy of my brother Rob of attifood.com. His Hot Chocolypto is perfect for this time of year, check out his video.

DSC02865

Try my NEW Triple Lemon Ricotta Pancakes:  Gluten-free and Baked!

Email Recipe | Print Page

1. avatar Heather (Heather's Dish)
    Posted 11/14/2011 at 9:03 AM | Permalink

i'm pretty sure i could eat a whole griddle full of these bad boys…how could they be anything but amazing?!

2. avatar oneordinaryday
    Posted 11/14/2011 at 11:56 AM | Permalink

I love how you think and you never cease to make me smack my head and say, "Why didn't I think of that?" Keep the great ideas coming!

3. avatar Karen
    Posted 11/14/2011 at 12:38 PM | Permalink

This post couldn't have come at a more opportune time. We have guys up here for deer hunting and I was trying to figure out how I could make pancakes for them in the morning and avoid all of the "pancake pitfalls" that you mentioned. I'll bake some pancakes… yay! Thanks, Robin Sue and glad you liked the Chicken Paprikash! Oh, and I'm glad you didn't use Bisquick – blech!

4. avatar Biz
    Posted 11/14/2011 at 1:31 PM | Permalink

Such a great idea – I agree, making pancakes for a crowd takes a while, even with a griddle pan!

I am trying not to feel sorry for myself, when everyone else following this diet had -4.2, -11, -3.6 and I gained .4. Oh well! Hopefully the scale will be in my favor next week!

5. avatar Gina Taylor
    Posted 11/14/2011 at 1:33 PM | Permalink

I made these yesterday morning for my family. One word:DELICIOUS!!! They were so good, we ate every one. No leftovers at our house. I love your blog-thanks for the great ideas!

6. avatar Patsyk
    Posted 11/14/2011 at 2:22 PM | Permalink

I don't know how I missed these before, but I AM happy that I saw this post today because you made them even easier to enjoy! Love it!

7. avatar Kelly
    Posted 11/14/2011 at 2:39 PM | Permalink

Another brilliant idea! I made the pancakes back when you posted them (was it really that long ago?!) and loved them, but this! This is fantastic. It's like instant cinnamon rolls. WIN!

8. avatar Sabrina
    Posted 11/14/2011 at 10:05 PM | Permalink

These look amazing. I can't wait to try them. Do you think breakfast for dinner will be ok.

9. avatar sophiesfoodiefiles
    Posted 11/15/2011 at 4:37 AM | Permalink

I applaud for you & your lovely pancakes! The pancake are great, the cinnamon drizzles are wonderful & the maple cream cheese white drizzles are just perfect, Perfect ;) !!!!

You are a very clever woman! :)

10. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 11/15/2011 at 8:58 AM | Permalink

Sabrina- Breakfast for dinner is always a favorite in our house!

11. avatar ASTOLDBYGINGER
    Posted 11/15/2011 at 10:12 AM | Permalink

Oh my goodness! My two favorite things,pancakes and cinnamon rolls in one !! I'm trying this recipe out this weekend if i can wait that long!!

-Ginger

12. avatar Carrie
    Posted 11/15/2011 at 11:44 AM | Permalink

I love the idea of freezing them!

13. avatar highplainsdrifters
    Posted 11/15/2011 at 12:33 PM | Permalink

i'm missing something … the first picture after the Pancake Squares link … what are the wooden skewers on the jellyroll pan? are those just guides so you can squirt the cinnamon mix evenly? i missed a reference to them in the directions. thanks!

14. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 11/15/2011 at 2:34 PM | Permalink

HPD- Steve you are right, I neglected that part. I used wooden skewers laid across the pan as a guide for my very shaky hands and crooked eyes. Fixed! Thanks!

15. avatar Nic
    Posted 11/16/2011 at 10:48 AM | Permalink

I never thought to bake a pancake before, what a brilliant idea! They look great, thank you so much.

16. avatar grace
    Posted 11/17/2011 at 4:15 AM | Permalink

very clever idea, robin sue–i obviously love everything about it. does your brain ever rest? :)

17. avatar Anonymous
    Posted 11/17/2011 at 7:55 AM | Permalink

Looking to make these for me and my husband on Thanksgiving morning. One question…do you use maple syrup and eat them like regular pancakes or is the maple glaze all you use??

Thanks,
    Monica

18. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 11/17/2011 at 8:18 AM | Permalink

Grace- My brain never rests!

Monica- We just use the glaze. But there are times when I serve both on the side and let my guests/family choose. Enjoy them!

19. avatar Julieann
    Posted 11/17/2011 at 2:45 PM | Permalink

Robin Sue, they look beautiful They would be perfect for Christmas morning, oh the possibilities…LOL.

Thank you!

Julieann

20. avatar Julieann
    Posted 11/17/2011 at 2:46 PM | Permalink

P.S. Can I link this post to my blog? I would love to share it with my friends:)

Julieann

21. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 11/17/2011 at 2:48 PM | Permalink

Hi Julieann- sure you can share a link to this on your blog! Making Christmas morning easy!

22. avatar Julie
    Posted 11/25/2011 at 8:21 PM | Permalink

Oh my…just amazing! Bookmarking!

23. avatar Mrs. B
    Posted 11/30/2011 at 10:50 AM | Permalink

I can't wait to try this! I will also be making your brother's Hot Chocolypto! Funny video, and it sounds yummy.

24. avatar Ashley
    Posted 12/03/2011 at 8:18 PM | Permalink

somewhat of a blonde question… is it 4 T melted butter, or 4 T butter, melted…. seems there might be a difference…

25. avatar Robin Sue
    Posted 12/03/2011 at 8:52 PM | Permalink

Ashley- I cut 4 T butter from the stick and melt it. Not so much a blonde question, you are thinking it through!! This would make a difference for say 1/2 cup sifted flour compared to 1/2 cup flour sifted. The volumes would be different. Enjoy the pancakes!

5 Trackbacks

1. By Back to school on 08/15/2012 at 9:35 AM

[...] for BREAKFAST. Make an easy and extra special breakfast like our new favorite Baked Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. (Yes they are as yummy as they [...]

2. By Yummy Things I have made this week « on 08/24/2012 at 2:32 PM

[...] made Baked Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. Oh yes, another recipe that is a keeper! Talk about yummy. I used this recipe, except I used half white flour and half whole wheat and cut the sugar in half. For the topping, I [...]

3. By Baked Pancakes | What The Efff on 06/05/2013 at 12:18 PM

[...] recipe is from Big Red Kitchen. The recipe is quite sweet, but have no fear, if you want something more “traditional” [...]

4. [...] Swirl Pancakes. It is very delicious. but it IS a handful to make sometimes……  This recipe looked similar BUT [...]

5. [...] řešení jak si celou práci ušetřit prostě tím, že to dáte do trouby. Vycházeli jsme z receptu, který není paleo, ale přizpůsobili jsme si ho. Přidali jsme si k němu pěkně udělané [...]