Have you ever had a Dusty Road Sundae? I used to love these when I was a little girl and Ma had Malted Milk in the pantry. If there was no Malted Milk Powder, I used Nesquik Chocolate Drink Mix. Do you remember that stuff? A Dusty Road Sundae is a scoop of vanilla ice cream dusted with Malted Milk Powder and drizzled with chocolate syrup. When Kraft offered this gift package of their latest products, I said, “yes.” Do you know why? For the Jet Puffed Vanilla Mallow Bits- I know, I am easy to please, huh? But these Mallow Bits brought me right back to my childhood Count-Chocula days with those teeny tiny crunchy marshmallows- I had to have them!
Hot Cocoa Dusty Road Sundaes
1 cup Malted Milk Powder
1/2 cup powdered milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup Kraft Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits, vanilla
Hot Fudge Sauce, heated
Caramel Sauce, heated
Vanilla Ice cream
In a quart sized mason jar, shake the first 6 ingredients until evenly distributed.
Pour about 2 tablespoonfuls of chocolate or caramel sauce in the bottom of small mason jars or bowls, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and dust with Hot Cocoa Mix and a few more Mallow Bits and chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
Note- to make Hot Cocoa, add 1/3 cup mix to a large mug and pour in 8 ounces boiling water, stir and serve. Have extra Mallow Bits for sprinkling your Hot Cocoa as the ones in the mix melted quickly, and we don’t want tears now do we?
Kraft’s New Product Sample Package is filled with all kinds of goodies for those families on the go. You all know I am the Mason Jar Meal Queen, but I have folks writing me all the time telling me how their kids can’t take glass to school- so sad, so I was pleased that Kraft also offered these nifty Klip-It Containers (BPA free- I checked!) in with all the loot. And that Zebra Print Lunch tote will look stylin’ when I carry my lunch around- it is really sturdy and roomy. Take a look…
1. PLANTERS new Natural Peanut Butter Spread
2. CRYSTAL LIGHT Energy On-the-Go Sticks
3. New KRAFT MILKBITE Milk & Granola Bar (coupon for free product) – Combines real milk, calcium and granola in a convenient refrigerated bar, providing the calcium of an 8 oz. glass of milk.
4. SNACKWELL’S new Peanut Butter Pretzels and new Cinnamon Crème Drizzled Caramel Popcorn.
5. New KRAFT FRESH TAKE (coupon for free product) Available in six flavor varieties, including Southwest Three Cheese and Italian Parmesan.
6. New JET-PUFFED Mallow Bits – These are so much fun! Endless ideas for these little guys.
7. Lunch Break Insulated Zebra-print Lunch Tote- totally groovy!
8. KLIP-IT by Sistema 14-piece Food-to-Go Storage Set- one of the containers have these cute little clip together fork and knife and tiny dip container. So cute!
If you would like a chance to win this new-product-sample-package from Kraft then follow these teeny tiny rules…
1. Any US resident, please leave one comment telling me your favorite on-the-go treat.
2. Please leave your email address or web address that links your email so I can let you know if you won! No email, no win. Anonymous, please leave a name and email too.
3. Like Kraft’s FB page for one extra comment.
4. Contest closes Friday (3/16/12) at 9pm EST. One winner will be chosen at random.
Kraft Foods is providing the prizes for this giveaway at no cost to me and has provided me with a gift of equal value for review. This giveaway is not administered by Kraft Foods or its affiliates, but solely by Big Red Kitchen. Recipe, opinions, and top photo provided by Big Red Kitchen LLC. Prize photo provided by Kraft Foods.