Many write to me asking for more paleo recipes, with the biggest request for pasta and rice substitutes, workout recovery meals, and rebuilding desserts to be paleo. I am right there with those folks! I have been following the paleo lifestyle since February and have found ways not to miss pastas and rice- vegetables! Onions make beautiful noodles under a bed of bolognese sauce, spaghetti squash is a great base for marinara sauce, sweet potatoes are delicious topped with chili, and stir-fry is fantastic on stir-fried cauliflower “rice.” Hang in there paleo pals, you can do it! Here is one more Cauliflower “rice” recipe to add to your repertoire.
- One medium cauliflower, chopped fine, see note below
- ¼ cup water
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of ½ lime
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- To chop or “rice” your cauliflower to resemble “rice” please follow the link below to my video.
- Place “riced” cauliflower in a medium pan over medium heat. Pour water over cauliflower and cover. Simmer for 18 minutes. Drain. Be sure to add the water, I forgot and the cauli stuck a bit!
- Stir in lime zest, juice, cilantro. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Before trying this recipe at home…learn the fastest way to “rice” cauliflower, please watch my video.
For more Paleo Recipes, look here.