This has to be about the coolest Giveaway I have ever hosted here on BRK! Why? Because it’s unique. I have teamed up with Fillmore Container to create the Big Red Kitchen Mason Jar Meal Stater Kit, a kit customized to help you get started in building your own Mason Jar Meals (MJMs). What is an MJM? Here is my definition…
Mason Jar Meals are designed for busy singles, couples, and families who are looking for creative and healthy meals to be made ahead of time for fresh eating on the go. They are designed to store in the refrigerator and eaten within 3-5 days or stored in the freezer up to 3 months.
My new little cookbook “Glass is in Session- Back to School Mason Jar Meals” is a recipe collection of our favorite Mason Jar Meals, not only enjoyed by children, but many adults too. “Glass is in Session” includes 17 of our favorite tried and true MJMs with many of them perfect for the freezer; answers to MJM FAQ’s; many tips including how many jars you should own, how to label, wash, and care for your jars; and many more MJM ideas. This book is 35 pages and includes color photos of many of the MJMs.
Fillmore Container has been a dream to work with in creating the starter kit. Their company is based in Lancaster, PA and carries every type of jar, lid, candle making items, and accessories for canning, candle making, and now MJMs! Their site is very easy to navigate and I have been enjoying their new blog that wowed me with how to make Homemade Root Beer- the real stuff! Now here is another really cool thing that I love- when you go to their site, you will be able to find the BRK Collection of jars I use here in Big Red Kitchen for all my MJMs. You will be able to purchase the jars by the case to share with friends and family. But for this Giveaway, Fillmore has divided cases of various sized jars to make 2 MJM starter kits for you to have a chance to win. So very unique indeed!
Big Red Kitchen Mason Jar Meal Starter Kits will include…
1. A unique Mason Jar collection of varying sized jars to get you started in building your own MJMs will be provided by Fillmore Container to include the following jars…
3- 1 quart Ball wide mouth jars
6- pint Ball wide mouth jars
6- 8 ounce Kerr wide mouth jars
6- 8 ounce reg mouth Ball jars – 1/2 pint
6- 4 ounce mini quilted Ball jars
2. The kit will also include my new little cookbook “Glass is in Session- Back to School Mason Jar Meals” provided by me, Robin Sue of Big Red Kitchen. I’ll even sign the books if you want!
How 2 People Can Win The Kits…
1. Leave a comment stating your favorite Mason Jar Meal idea or recipe.
2. For a second entry, “like” Fillmore Container’s FB page and leave another comment stating you did.
3. For a third entry sign up for my Big Red Kitchen Newsletter either on the right sidebar or in the little red box at the bottom of the post (don’t forget to verify) and leave a comment that you had done so. “Glass is in Session Vol 2.” including many more recipes never published on BRK will be made available to the public later this Fall. The newsletter will alert you when it is ready for purchase.
1. By participating in this Giveaway/sweepstakes you are agreeing to these terms.
2. Participants must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the USA.
3. FaceBook has nothing to do with this giveaway and will not be used to announce the winners.
4. The giveaway ends midnight EST Wednesday Sept. 5th. The two winners will be chosen at random and announced on Sept 6th. BRK will alert the 2 winners by the valid emails they enter when signing up to comment on this site. The winners will have 72 hours to respond (midnight EST Sunday Sept. 9th.) If we do not hear from them within those 72 hours, then another winner will be chosen in their place.
5. When the winners are chosen they will provide BRK their mailing address so that Fillmore Container can send the Mason Jar Starter Kits and I, Big Red Kitchen can send the little cookbook. Fillmore will handle shipping cost of the jars and BRK will handle the shipping cost of the book.
6. No purchase necessary to participate.
7. Fillmore and BRK have partnered together on this giveaway for some good old fashion fun and I claim no stake in their company or they any in mine- we are just having a BALL (get it?), and I am sure they would conKerr, and this now ends my obligatory legal JARgon. Smile.
8. We will take entries for this giveaway/sweepstakes until midnight EST on Wednesday September 5th.
We have 2 winners!
Comment #33 Jenny
Comment #225 Jessi
I have emailed our winners and awaiting their addresses. Fillmore Container and I thank each and every one of you for participating. Now go make some MJMs!
Another way Big Red Kitchen is Keepin’ it Glassy!