See that dressing down there on the right? That is how my Pink Lady Poppy Seed Dressing usually looks. It’s delicious, but I have always wanted it creamy which can be a tricky deal with a regular blender. Too fast it breaks, too slow it does not emulsify. So when Blendtec’s Twister Jar arrived from Blendtec for me to do a review and giveaway, I went right to trying my Poppy Seed Dressing. The Twister Jar makes it so I never have to open the lid and scrape down the sides with a spatula, and the small opening at the top of the lid makes it easy to slowly pour the oil into the dressing with the blender going. I love that the Speed setting is timed to 50 seconds so that I get a good idea on how fast I need to pour the oil for the emulsion.
Now my dressing is creamy and such a pretty addition to a Strawberry Spinach Salad or a Fruit platter. I love the delicate pale pink hue given to this dressing by the red wine vinegar and red onion. If you would like your dressing to be even more pink add a strawberry or two. Would you like it creamy white? Then use white wine or white balsamic vinegar and sweet Vidalia onion instead. I have since updated my Pink Lady PS Dressing to use grape seed oil- very healthy, and dijon mustard over mustard powder. Experiment with your favorite oils, mustards, and sweeteners such as honey or turbinado sugar. Just have fun!
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- 2 T. red onion, diced
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¾ cup grape seed oil, or favorite salad oil, not olive
- 1 Tbls. Poppy seed
- To the Twister Jar add the first 5 ingredients. Cover with lid and push the “Speed up” setting to Speed 1. Let it blend for the timed 50 seconds twisting the jar lid a few times to clear the sides. The machine will shut itself off.
- Remove the small red cap from the top of the jar. Push the “Speed up” setting to Speed 1 and while the blender is running slowly pour the oil into the blender. You may want to make the hole a tad bit smaller with your non-pouring hand. Do not add all the oil at once. You will slowly pour the oil into the dressing over a total of FOUR Speed 1 cycles.
- Pour your dressing in a jar and stir in the poppy seed.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Makes about 10 ounces.
Click HERE to enter Big Red Kitchen’s Blendtec Blender and Twister Jar giveaway.
Blendtec has given me the Total Classic Blender Wildside and Twister Jar for review. These photos, recipe, and opinions are my own.