Welcome to 2014. Time to get used to writing that. My New Year’s celebrations with family were both relaxing and delicious! We enjoyed some very lucky pork and sauerkraut as well as black eyed peas at my brother’s house that followed a big Cheese Fondue Dinner at my house to celebrate ALL the birthdays our family has in December. I am one fat and happy gal! But here it is January and the kids went back to school today, the Christmas decorations are packed away for another year, and it’s time to think about getting back to everyday HEALTHY eating instead of Holiday not-so-healthy eating. Kimberly of A Tiny Forest thought it would be cool if we got together and offered my readers a giveaway from her etsy shop. Great idea! I mean we all like giveaways, mason jars, and pretty bags, right?
The GIVEAWAY will include the following 2 bags: one quart 2 jar bag, and one pint 2 jar bag. Patterns may vary.
Each bag includes two slots to hold and protect your jars, thick lining, reinforced handles, and a cloth napkin. Jars not included.
This is the quart 2 jar bag that hold 2 quart sized jars. Now you are thinking that is a ton of food to carry, but here is what I and thinking for my husband. In one jar I will fill with cooked organic rice and the other a topping of choice like chili, any of my chicken meals, or a stir-fry. He has a refrigerator at his office and then can help himself through the week to the rice and topping. Daily I can send fresh fruit, a salad, or roasted vegetables to enhance his big meal. The larger quart jars are also great for my famous salads. I was stuffing them into pint jars but were to small for hubby’s bigger than mine appetite. I forget his appetite is twice mine! Poor fella, I am sure I have starved him on some days. Also consider one jar for a big and hearty salad and the other for water, or iced tea (unsweetened of course).
Why I like these bags…
1. Beautifully constructed, I mean these things are strong and pretty.
2. I am a closet bag lady. I love bags.
3. They make me want to pack lunch to go.
4. The jars are well protected.
5. While they are not built to keep a meal hot or cold for hours on end, they will get you to and from your place of work in fashion where then you can store these meals in a fridge. There is also plenty of space to place a small ice pack if you must.
6. I am also impressed that Kimberly’s etsy shop has 138 positive reviews making her a 5 star shop!
7. Visit A Tiny Forest for more Mason Jar Meal Bags that make great gifts!
Here is what you need to do to win these TWO gorgeous bags…
1. Follow the rafflecopter link and instructions below to enter. Earn extra entries easily by liking our FB pages through the rafflecopter link.
2. The winner and Kimberly of A Tiny Forest will negotiate fabric patterns of the bags according to what is available in her etsy shop.
3. The winner will be contacted by email and forward their mailing address to BRK in order to get their prize.
4. Contest ends 1/13/2014 at 12am.
*Disclaimer- Kimberly of A Tiny Forest sent me 2 bags for review. I am running this giveaway because I like the bags and the great quality of her craft. All opinions are my own.